OwnerOne Thousand One Partnership
Design ProfessionalChalker Engineering
(now PSA Structural Solutions)
Originally the R.E. Anderson Building, this art deco structure was initially 2 stories when constructed in 1941. The architect was Albert Gardner of Los Angeles, and the building was considered modernistic at the time. Original tenants were the Federal Insurance Group, Gale’s Rugs and the Lutheran Service Center on the street level. Knapp’s Modern Business College took the entire 2nd floor.
The 1987 renovation and addition by Mountain Construction restructured the building, adding 2 more floors. Glass curtain walls were used to architecturally connect the original and new floors.
The owners renamed the project the 1001 Pacific Building.